Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Holy Grail of Breakfast Cereals...

Yeah, yeah, I know it's been 2 months since my first post. So I'm a new blogger, so I never blog, so what? I'll be better, you'll see... Next time it will only be two weeks between posts... Or maybe not.


Anyway, we were walking down the grocery aisle last night when I saw it... The Holy Grail of Breakfast Cereals! Sweet marshmallowey goodness surrounded in scrumptous chocolate. How can you get better than Chololate Marshmallow Mateys!? They've got all the delicousness of cholate cocoa puffs, with the only part of marshmallow mateys that you actually eat... the Marshmallows! That's the two kings of the breakfast cereal world, rolled into one yummy bowl.


Unfortunately they only had the "Super Mega Humungus Gigantic (and extremely cost effective) Motherload Family Size". I picked it up and said, "Honey, if they have this in any sort of size that isn't rediculous, I'm getting it!" She laughed at me like, "Whatever," and I proceded to search the aisle for a smaller, less gargantuan, bag of my new favorite cereal (which I still had yet to taste). Well, like I said, (quoting above...) "they only had the "Super Mega Humungus Gigantic (and extremely cost effective) Motherload Family Size"." and I really wanted that stuff. Little did my wife know that my term for "rediculous" was a little different than hers. You see, my wife doesn't share the same passion for sugar in the morning as I do. Don't get me wrong, she can appreciate a good bowl of sugar coated sweetness, but she wansn't as mesmerized with this new purple bag as I was. I decided to just get the (here it comes again...) Super Mega Humungus Gigantic (and extremely cost effective) Motherload Family Size" bag.


Now here I am with a bag the size of California and the exciting job of being the sole individual who has to eat it in it's entirety. If i'm still eating Chocolate Marshmallow Mateys at Christmas, you'll all know why.

7 comments:

Sheri said...

Yeah, that picture is less than HALF the size of the bag you bought. Maybe even a fourth the size...

You're sure lucky to have a wife who lets you spend money on 6000 pound bags of not very yummy and definitely not very nutritious cereal.

Garry the Jeweler said...

Way to go on getting the sweet treat for breakfast. Who said the breakfast has to be nutrious? That's not what breakfast is all about. It's all about pleasure, and chocklatty food in the morning falls in that category ;)

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha the first time I saw that cereal I did the same thing to mike. Only they did have a smaller size...but both of us liked it. So it was gone way to fast. (It makes really good church snacks too...only there's never any leftover for you kids haha jk)

Sarah said...

I use to really like marshmallo maytes, but I now have a more sophisticated taste. If I ever do buy it I'll get a small bad and have one bowl and be done for a month or two. It's too suggery for me as a meal, though I agree I think it would make a MARVELOUS church snack. But I'm no so sure about the chocolatey part. ( I know, how can I call my self an Adams)
I too have discovered a new chotolately breakfast cereal that I love. chocolate checks. It's the Perfect amount of chocolate for me. It's not too sweet and overpowering like the cocoa puffs, but it's still really chocolatey. You should try that too.

Keith said...

hahaha, awesome! I sure approve. I guess we have to forgive those not born into the family for not understanding our philosophy on breakfast and just sugar in general. I think it was pretty well summed up by Buddy in "Elf"... "We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup."

Sarah said...

well spoken Keith

Unknown said...

to funny. I am afraid that bag of cereal would be eaten at my house by Jayse too. However, I think I would stear away from this fine breakfast myself. Of course, I think breakfast is just a nuisance